Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pinewood Derby 2011

This was Ashton's first Pinewood Derby, and it was so much fun we can't wait for the 2012 derby. From a block of wood Ashton sanded, painted, weighed, hammered, and tested his creation. The cars race down the track 7 times, one turn on each lane, the scores of each race are totaled determining the winner. 


A tie for 2nd and 3rd place! Who will win the race-off?!
I snapped a picture of Syphr. The flash made him smile so I took another. I hope he can still see.

Talan is the luckiest! Gramps wouldn't let anyone else past that rope. 

Ashton's car is on the right with the 10 on the side.

Syphr played with his baby friend, Eddie, while the races were happening. Pushing chairs together is way more fun.

Talan, as usual, is off in his own world on the other side of the room.



FINAL RESULTS:
  • Ashton came in 3rd place overall! Super proud of that! 
  • He also won the Blue Hedgehog award for most exceptional derby car


No comments: