About a week ago, our family spent the day doing fun family stuff in Kansas City, before we had to drop Brad off at the airport. One of the favorite things we did was visit Kaleidoscope in downtown KC. It is a totally free place where kids (and parents) can be decoratively creative with any of the notecards, paints, masks, crowns, ribbons, die cut letters, tape, etc. that they can get their hands on.
Ashton made a couple things, but mostly stocked his take home bag full of goodies for later projects. Yesterday, Ashton decided to get out his loot he was planning to make into a book only to discover his name been robbed.
That is right.....I said robbed. Without bothering to get to the bottom of his dilemma and solve his own problem, he decided to drag me into the situation, and I am so glad he did, as it was an excellent 8 year old Ashton moment.
Ashton in a near state of emergency (because, you know, he has to exercise his creative melodramatics):
"I am missing my H and my O for my name. I'm missing my HO! Someone took my HO! TALAN!!! DID YOU TAKE MY HO?!"
I was on the floor at this point laughing, Ashton not even realizing what he said. 30 hours have passed and his ho has still not been found. Looks like Ashton will have to get a new ho.
Weekly Wrap-up July 11th, 2026
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment