Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WASHINGTON D.C. Day Three

Daddy Blog
I told Ashton I would blog for Rebecca for him today, since he was unaware of some of the pictures I was taking.  Today took us to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and the Air and Space Museum.

This is Ashton looking sad about having to go up a long escalator, I'll be sure to take a picture of the one by the zoo tomorrow which is easily twice as long.

The Buck Starts Here!!  We weren't allowed to take pictures of the printing process.  There was only one other person in our tour group, which was nice.  Our tour guide talked very slow and deliberate and enunciated her words strangely.  It was hard not to laugh, but she was very informative and knowledgeable.  It is always a great tour.

Ashton is $1,281,500 tall in $100 bills. 

Here are a few random pictures of things we thought looked neat in the Air and Space Museum. 









So far Ashton has bought four pens since he has been in DC.  This is his latest and probably the coolest, a robotic pen that opens with the touch of a button. 

 Ashton only weighs 64 lbs, but that's 160 lbs on Jupiter.

Ashton is learning 'How Things Fly', our favorite exhibit in the museum.  Sadly, half of it was under construction.


We don't really know how this thing works, but it has something to do with the sky and possibly stars. 

On the way home, stopped for a pic in front of the US Capitol Building.

No comments: