This is at the National Botanical Gardens. This is a giant coconut tree.
This is bamboo. It is really really tall.
This is a sign that tells people not to go to Hawaii even though the sign is in Washington DC.
This is a cacao tree. The giant yellow things have pods that are used to make chocolate.
This is a giant sunflower with white leaves. (Daddy note: Pretty sure it's sculpture.)
This is a leaf that is shaped like a bird talon. My brother's name is Talan so I thought that was funny.
This at the National Zoo. That is a red panda on a tree. It doesn't seem like there should be a panda on a tree.
Those are Asian elephants. The one in the back has a really really long trunk. But the one in the front doesn't look like he has one at all because it's behind a tree.
This is me touching elephant poop.
This a lemur. He was in the small mammals house but I didn't think he was very small.
This is a gorilla that is standing on a tree branch.
This is a komodo dragon. There are holes in the side of his neck and I'm not sure what they are used for.
These are blue crabs. The male's markings look like the Washington Monument and the female's look like the Capitol building.
This is a map of the zoo, but it doesn't have the dot on the map, it has it down below and it says you are here. So it's like you're not even on the map!!!!
This is a really really really big escalator and it took 2.5 minutes to ride up. (Daddy note: Ashton was narrating and I was typing. I just want to note that he sounded like a valley girl when saying this one. So make sure you hear it that way in your head.)
4 comments:
Fun! Glad you are keeping your mom informed, Ashton.
I have to say.. that I am loving reading about Ashton's trip! And alittle jealous that he is getting to go to and see all those fun and interesting things and places!
These posts are so entertaining, Ashton! They might even be as good as your mom's posts about the funny things you and your brothers say/do. I'm totally making Kip do this one day...
Ashton it looks like you're having a great time! I'm glad you got to go, and thanks for blogging everyday. Love you!
Aunt Rachel
P.S. Those holes in the Komodo Dragon's neck are his ears!!
Post a Comment