All this was true until about a week ago. I was flipping through the channels and happened to stop on one of the thousands of channels that was replaying Sarah Palin's speech in Minnesota. I had no idea who she was. When I heard McCain picked the gov. of Alaska as his running mate I couldnt really care less. I'm not voting anyway.
While the speech was on I was struggling to change Talan's diaper because he aparently had a difference of opinion on his diaper status. I figured I'd change the channel after I had overtaken the 1 year old and his diaper. I soon found myself in a situation I've never been in before. I was glued to the TV. I love everything about her. I love the way she talks, I love that she has a sense of humor, I love that her family is normal. I feel like she is not just talking a bunch of BS. Good job McCain.
The selling point for me during the speech was when the camera cut away to her young daughter who was holding the baby. In the few seconds the camera was focused on her the girl managed to lick her entire hand and smooth down baby palin's hair. That was the first moment of my life that I've ever had the desire to vote.
So. Now to register.
4 comments:
awesome! whatever it takes, i'm glad something motivated you to get out there and do it. congratulations!
I think that is awesome, even if you are going to vote for the wrong candidate ;)
Good for you, this is the only time I wish I was a citizen. I so want to vote this year! I have never been political but we watch everything from BOTH sides.
Oh, and I feel you are picking the CORRECT candidate...hehe.
I love Palin also. Have you seen my blog!? I braved the 30,00+ crowd to here her and McCain speak in person!
Post a Comment