Thursday, September 4, 2008

Slacker

I'm officially lame. I've been slacking majorly in the blogging world and now I am way behind. Here are a few updates:

---Talan loves to play peek-a-boo. He thinks he is hilarious. Don't we all. 


---This is what happens when I'm asked why Talan doesn't have a Mohawk. The answer...where is the gel?!




---Finally a walking a video. This was taken a while ago after he first started walking. He's much more stable now. Well somewhat. 


---We love sonic drinks!!!




---Happy First Birthday Talan!!! (Aug 21) Just after this picture was snapped he turned and started walking towards the street. It is much easier to go down hill than up. 




We celebrated his birthday with family and a few friends here in Topeka. I bought a water slide (which will bring us tons of summer fun), and we had snow cones, watermelon and ice cream cake. Talan had a curious george cupcake from Daddy Cakes. It was banana. 

Cousin Justin was in charge of the snow cone machine. 

---Ashton has his first loose tooth!!! Actually, he has been saying it was loose for a while now, but it seemed more to me that he was just moving his head instead of actually feeling the tooth move. We were miniature golfing with Brad over the weekend and Ashton discovered that his tooth really is loose. After my confirmation of his loose tooth he named that day "the best day of his life."

---Today Talan had his blood drawn for his allergy testing. It was horrible as expected. The nurse had to fish around just a bit for his vein, but at least he only had to get stuck once. We get the results in about 10 days and that will be followed by the skin test for peanuts. Talan started getting a bruise while the nurse was taking the blood out so I havn't been brave enough to take the bandages off yet. 


2 comments:

M said...

Oh my goodness! So much has happened! I am dying at the size of the waterslide (your minor purchase ;). So funny. I'm so glad you got to see Brad. I bet that was great.
Oh, and Talan is looking more and more like Ashton

Julie said...

i totally agree with Megan, love that you casually mention a purchase of a water slide, i am thinking a slip and slide not an entire water park, coolest mom vote!