Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This is more of a vent really

If you ever have a child in Topeka, Kansas do not go see Dr. Conroy at Pediatric Care (15th and Gage location). She is the biggest moron!!!

According to her, Talan's peanut allergy is all in my head. Here is my few favorites that came out of her mouth:

1. After explaining last weeks peanut trama I showed her the pictures(same ones I posted in this blog). She then said, "Well, his face looks a little red in this picture. He was probably just getting over a cold or virus."
 --is she serious????? isnt it crazy that he got over his alleged virus the second the peanuts touched him? wow. I don't know what I was thinking. 

2. "It could be that he is allergic to something else in the can"
--the ingredients are peanuts and salt

3. "I don't like to perscribe epipens to parents that havn't gone through proper  training."
--so i get to the pharmacy and the instructions are...pop the gray top, jam in his leg and hold for 10 seconds. how flipping hard is that?

4. "I could run the lab for the peanut allergy right now, but since he has eczema we better send him to the allergist"
--because his eczema is soooo much more life threatening than his peanut allergy. 

5. "If he didn't have the eczema then I would just tell you to keep him away from peanuts instead of sending you to the allergist."
--wow. cancel that peanut butter sandwich for lunch. again...is she serious???

I did get the epipen because I said I wouldn't leave without it. And Talan has an appointment with an allergist tomorrow. That will be a whole different experience. I have to hold him down while they try to find a tiny vein in his chubby arm. 


1 comment:

shamers said...

yikes. now i will never raise a child in topeka, kansas. and i was considering it before! (well, maybe not. but i will come visit!)