Today the mystery has been solved. Talan is severly allergic to peanuts.
Yesterday, my neice offered to hook up my computer for me. I was thrilled because Brad did all that and all the cords were jumbled together, so I had no idea what went to what. She came into my room eating a can of peanuts which she put on the computer desk to snack and work on the computer. Talan being the speedracer he is managed to reach the peanuts. He grabbed the can and pulled it off the table sending the entire contents flying at him. Let me note he did not actually eat any peanuts, they just spilled all over him. He stood there stunned for a few seconds and then burst out crying like he was terrified. I picked him up and he laid his head on my shoulder as I picked peanuts off his shirt and body. About a minute later I noticed he was rubbing his eyes as he does when he has his mysterious allergies. I blamed it on some salt getting into his eye and to ok him in the bathroom to splash water on his face. It wasn't until after I splashed the water on him that I actually took a look at him. His face was bright red, hives all over and his eyes were swollen..one almost swollen shut.
After I hung up the phone I gave Talan a bath to wash all the peanut residue off him. He was surprising in a good mood, and was smiling away. While in the tub I noticed the hives all over his body starting. He'd never looked this bad in all his allergic reactions. Here is a picture of all his hives on his arms:
We ended up taking him to an after-hours medical clinic to get some stronger medicine. The dr there told me that he was probably just going to be a sensitive kid, instructed me to call his pediatrician to get him in for allergy testing immediately, gave him some meds and NO PEANUTS! So I am now checking EVERYTHING for any traces of peanut oil, peanut butter. So far I know for sure he can eat Fruit Loops and Jr Lunchables.
He goes to the doctor on Wednesday.
4 comments:
poor little guy! at least you know now, right? those pictures are so sad! give him snuggles for us.
That is so sad!!! I've never seen a more pathetic picture with a kid smiling!!!!
poor kiddo! I think Elliot might be allergic to peanuts as well! Talan looks like he handled it like a champ though! keep us posted!
Wow! Poor little guy. So glad this was something you found out with a skin reaction and not one after he ate! So scary.
Post a Comment