At the beginning of the summer I thought it would be an amazing idea to get young danger a glide bike. He will be gliding as fast as I can run by the end of the summer is what I thought. That was not the case. A few months ago he would have lost a race to a snail he went so slow. It took him a very good 20-30 minutes to get all the way around the courtyard out front. But he would keep trucking along until he had made it all the way around. It was most excruciating for me, probably about as painful as playing the animals talking game, to walk behind him for those 20-30 minutes since he would gently lay his bike on the ground at any hint of falling, and send out a very loud distress call for help.
Now, I can say, we have improvement. What I once thought might have been the worst idea I have ever had, is beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Not only would he now beat a snail at a race around the courtyard, but he might also beat a turtle. He has cut his courtyard lap time in half, and has learned how to pick his bike up after a very slow motion fall.
The best part of all this might be the adorableness beaming from that oversized helmet, which you obviously saw in the video he totally needs from that brutal fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment