Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tonight Ashton went on a "date" with Grams (but he let gramps tag along too). He wanted to make sure he took a shower so he smelled nice, and his teeth were brushed 3 times. When he came upstairs after his shower he explained how he tried brushing his hair to the side because he thought that might look nicer, but he likes it down instead, but maybe when he was wearing a suit or something fancy to go to  a party he would comb it to the side. (the boy never brushes his hair). He even asked me for $10 bucks so he could pay for the movie since he was the guy. At one point there was a sticky note attached to his shirt that read, 'I'm going on a date....don't mess me up!" But when I asked if he wanted to go pick a flower for grams he scowled and said, "no! It's not THAT kind of date." I can't wait to see what he's like when he is on that kind of date. 

A few minutes after I left I got a call from Gramps who was laughing about some words that came spewing out of Ashton's mouth. I'm glad we have 9 years to work on the right way to interact on a "date"....

"I'll pay for the tickets, you pay for the pop corn...and that is how it is goin down."

1 comment:

A. Pearce said...

LOL. I love it! What a cutie Ashton is (he's not going to read this, is he? I don't want to offend by calling him a "cutie).