July has to be my favorite month in Kansas. The scorching hot temperatures, unbearable humidity, insects, allergies, and lack of motivation to do anything productive due to the previous stated issues. Can't get much better than that!
This year July brought us something new to add to the list. Since it has been so hot and I'm tired of Tal clawing at his scalp, but refuse to put baby oil, vaseline, or lotion on his hairy scalp which was the solution given by 3 doctors asked (seriously, I am not taking my child to target with greased up hair, and have those doctors ever tried to get vaseline out of hair?!), I decided to see if buzzing his head would help.
So far so good. Sort of.
Today, July brought me the knowledge that Talan is allergic to himself. That is right, go ahead and re-read that sentence. My child is allergic to himself. I took about 5 minutes buzzing his head and he went straight in for a bath...I didn't even pick up first. Once in the bathroom I took a good look at him and realized he has tiny hives all over his body everywhere his previously attached golden locks touched him. Maybe that was why he has been clawing his scalp raw? He was just allergic to his own hair. Fan-freaking-tastic!
Here's a picture of the new cut:
2 comments:
Dude! I'm sorry.
I so know how to get vasoline out of hair...don't ask!
Post a Comment