Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm totally going to jinx this...

But, I don't mind because I really don't care for Tal to be potty trained until we are back from vacation in October. Or, more specifically, until Brad is home to take part in the cleaning poop off the carpet. Not that I'm not letting him. I ask him more frequently now if he has to go potty since the interest is there. Sometimes he says "Yes" and sometimes I get a very loud "NOOOOO".

Anyway, the exciting news is Talan pooped in the potty today. It isn't the first time, but it's the first time where I felt he knew what was happening. Both times began with Talan standing in front of me, crouching a grunting, followed by me running him to the bathroom. Today he sat on the potty for a while. We sang songs, and did 'This little Piggy'. Talan loves 'This Little Piggy'. After a couple times I told him if he wanted to do it again he had to poop first. Instantly, the kid grabs the handles of the potty seat, grunts, face turns red, and we're doing the little piggy rhyme again. He knew exactly what I wanted him to do. I guess it is time. He was also really excited to get an oreo for a treat. Now he knows that when he goes potty he gets one of Justin's sacred cookies. 

And now I have realized I just wrote 2 paragraphs on my child pooping today. So, for that I apologize. To make up for it...here is a photo of the deviant, with his new skill: 

Climbing on top of the freezer! Yay me!

1 comment:

Julie said...

woot woot! and what are parents for if not embarrassing their children, with potty posts!