Who even reads the instructions for how to dispose of medical things properly. Take it to a doctor or hospital? Yeah, right! I'd rather have some fun.
My excellent sister-in-law and I decided (after I got the new Epi prescription picked up of course) to experiment. I like to call it, 'what to expect when I actually have to give Talan the epi shot'. I know, now that he is into everything, getting taller, and very mischievous, the day that I have to get it out of the medicine bag is coming. I'd rather know what to expect.
The victim was this long time inhabitant of the fridge...Mr. Lime.
Things I learned after practicing the actual shot...
1. It makes a really loud popping sound that made me jump. I'm pretty sure that I should not jump at the popping sound while the needle is jammed in Tal's leg.
2. I need to practice counting to 10. Rule is you leave the epi in the leg for 10 seconds so all the medicine can get into your body. Half of my medicine sprayed on the table.
3. The needle is thicker than expected, but not as long.
4. Limes do not like to be Epi'd.
5. Talan is really not going to like it.
2 comments:
What a geat idea and sounded kinda fun too.
That's a good idea to practice.
Post a Comment