Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I should just live at the ER

They probably know me there. I know that if you say you have a migraine you don't have to wait with the weirdo's in the waiting room, I know NEVER go to the bathroom in the hospital ER waiting room, I know that if they take you to the rooms off to the left with no windows then you aren't sick enough to get first priority, I know I'm getting nothing more than rubber gloves if I don't get a window room. Even the respiratory lady said Talan's name sounded familiar. But, it seems that every time I go Tal has a breathing treatment, so I'm trying to see how many masks I can collect. I now have 2 masks and 2 tubes. 

This evening I took little Tal into the emergency room because he started wheezing pretty bad and was just struggling for enough air. He was just there a month and a half ago and diagnosed with RSV, which began much like the wheezing today. No RSV this time. 

Turns out after steroids, a breathing treatment, and a few x-rays, Talan has pneumonia.....IN THE FREAKING SUMMER! Who even gets pneumonia in the summer. Of course it would be Talan. If it isn't one thing it's another. 

I personally think Talan got sick on purpose to get more steroids. 

4 comments:

A. Pearce said...

Thanks to Brayden, I would know what doctor's would be in the ER before we even arrived, I even memorized the gimmicks each doctor used to "cheer" up our kid. Enough about that ... I think Talon has Brayden beat. I'm sorry.

Julie said...

Sounds like you've got the system beat, poor guy pumping the roids so early, he is going to be in the MLB for sure!

Jara said...

Wyatt gets it in the summer too!! That one of the main reasons we were in the PICU the weekend before last.

Praying he gets to feeling better!!

Karolyn said...

Wow. You sound very experienced! Poor little Talan! Hope he gets better soon!