Sunday, May 25, 2008

The world of Talan

-For the last couple weeks Brad and I have noticed how Talan has become quite fond of my hairbrushes. It seems that he always finds them and then cries like it is the end of the world when I stop him from eating the hair entangled in them. Today he picked up one of my brushes and began trying to brush his hair. I ran for the camera and by the time I got back he was done with his hair and onto eating the wii remote.



-In just the last couple days I have fished a postcard, 2 gum wrappers, and a water bottle top out of Talan's mouth. Where he found these things I have no idea.



-Talan likes to eat the dinner I cook....even if I burn it.



-He has become very cuddly. On our way to his room at nap time or bed time he always lays his head down on my shoulder for one last cuddle before sleep. This however doesnt occur until we get into his room and are only a few steps away from his crib.


-He loves his big brother and everything his big brother does and owns.

-No room is better than the bathroom. I dont know if it is the fact that the tub is the perfect height to hold onto while standing or that he just really really likes to take a bath but the kid is always in the bathroom. If the door is shut he waits in front of it and then darts in as soon as it opens.

Last but not least....

-He is high maintenance. Maybe I should have realized this when I watched him try to style his hair with my brush or all the times he took a toy sword from Ashton's room and dragged it into his room just to play with it in front of the closet mirror doors. Now, its too late. He has a new ultra high maintenance bed routine. See below...

he likes to be laid down not on his back but not on his side. Sort of at an angle. We put a pillow behind his back to hold him in this position. He then gets 3 binkis. One for his mouth and 1 for each hand. He then studies all the binkis and decides which one he is going to suck on. After that decision is made he gets a sock to hold on to as if 2 binkis didnt take up his entire fists. Then he is covered up burrito style with blankets tucked under his legs. 1 rub on the head and lights out.

Is this kid serious???

No comments: