Today, in honor of this special day, we took brownies to school to share with the classmates. Ashton was the head of table 1 and he got to pick 7 friends to sit at his table. Then everyone sang Happy Birthday to him. Afterwards we got to hang out in his class until school was out and see these kids at work. I just have to sidetrack now from Ashtons birthday and say how amazing the schools are here. I love that there are so many diffrent kids from diffrent cultures in Ashton's class. They were counting in: chinese, spanish, japanese, korean, danish, italian, and arabic. It is really great to have Ashton exposed to diffrent things.
Okay, back to the birthday. After school we headed to Red Robin, which is one of Ashton's favorite places. The staff sang to him which is what he requested, but when it was actually happening he was less than enthusiastic.
We then headed across the parking lot to Toys R Us where Ashton spent all but $5 of his gift card on "stuff". I believe he came out of there with a crossbow, Indiana Jones whip, shovel/rake/hoe set, and a Home Depot tool set. Yay Ashton!
On the way home we stopped at the Lego Store in Tysons Corner to use yet another gift card. He bought a lego set that I have no idea what it is and some skeleton lego guys.
We arrived home to find a present from Aunt Rachel. She sent him an excellent card game so we played that and then he and Brad played wii while I tried to come up with pirate treasure hunt clues.
It was an excellent day and I'm so happy that we could spend his birthday together as a family.
3 comments:
happy birthday, ashtee! we love you!
Happy belated birthday Ashton! I can't believe he is SIX! craziness!
Happy Birthday Ashton - sorry so late. I loved the cracker barrel story. Hilarious.
Post a Comment