Friday, January 11, 2008

yes...i know...he's gigantic

Today Chappie (the jeep) had to go to the doctor. We wernt sure what was wrong with him and so we waited until the doctors did a diagnostics test to pinpoint the problem. Turns out something was broken but I have no idea what it was. As long as it is fixed.

Anyway, while we were in line to drop Chappie off this man kept looking at Talan. He finally got up the nerve to make small talk and this is what came out of his mouth, "He's due for a carseat graduation it looks like. What is he? 7 months?"

Then when I told him Talan was 4 months old he said he had a 4 month old at home but "she isnt that big."

I brushed him off and we went and sat in the waiting room. Brad hadn't eaten breakfast so he walked himself to McDonalds which left and empty seat next to me. Guess who sat there. The same man that I fear is going to nominate Talan for the guiness book of world records. I saw him glancing at Talan out of the corner of his eye and finally he asked it. "How much does he weigh?"
I answer "16 and a half pounds." He then says "Really? That's it. I thought he had to be AT LEAST 20. My wife told me the other day that our 4 month old was getting too big. I asked her how much she weighed and she said 12lbs so she's much smaller."

Obviously this man has no social skills. I realize that Talan is gigantic. But it isnt because I'm feeding him cheetoes and putting root beer in his bottles. The way I see it is...he's really tall so he needs the extra weight. If he was as tall as he is and weighed 12 pounds he'd look like I wasnt feeding him.

On a side note....Chappie is better now.

1 comment:

Danea Burleson said...

If it makes you feel any better we get this reaction all the time too...yesterday were at a friends who had another couple & their baby over. He was 7 months and Asa looked bigger. Asa was 18lbs at 4 months. It's all good! ;)