We lucked out and missed the 70% chance of rain which threatened to move our egg hunt indoors. Instead we had warm weather and blue skies. Good thing the weathermen were totally wrong....for the second time this week.
I casually asked Ashton Friday night if he believed in the Easter Bunny. He just gave me a look and said, in a 'I can not believe you just asked me that' voice, "(sigh)...I believe there are ADULTS who hide Easter eggs and pretend to be the Easter bunny...(sigh)." So sorry to insult your obvious intelligence of imaginary holiday creatures.
We had a fantastic day of sleeping in (sadly, I call 7:45 sleeping in) and waking up to presents (it almost makes me want to set up a present in front of the kitchen every day seeing how much happier and less whiny the kids are in the morning when stumbling upon goodies), followed by church (today I learned Ashton needs pointers on having snacks at church. He was eating goldfish by the handful as if he were in the movie theatre with a bucket of popcorn), a super awesome egg hunt with cousins, fantabulous dinner, and an annual silly string fight amongst the cousins. Love Easter festivities.
Talan was the only kid brave enough to get the eggs by the trash cans.
Ashton's highlight of the day was finding the only golden egg. He has been caught up on this egg ever since he shoved it full of goodies Friday night when, due to his infinite knowledge of imaginary holiday creatures, he graduated to the fill all the eggs party.
1 comment:
LOVE the pics-your boys are absolutely adorable!!!!!
Post a Comment