Sunday, April 24, 2011

11 months old!

Likes:
  • food! favorites include, but are not limited to: cookies, strawberries, bananas, peas, noodles, chunks of meat, goldfish, Gerber snacks, string cheese, and anything that he has to hold in his hand and take bites of.
  • being outside
  • climbing 
  • anything having to do with his body being thrown in the air, flipped upside down, or dropped (but we always catch him before the ground)
  • binkas! we are almost to the point of insanity where he needs one binka in his mouth and one in each hand. I better keep my eyes open so he doesn't pull a Talan and start hoarding them.
Dislikes:
  • being fed. He loves food, but would much rather shove it in his own mouth. Its much messier that way, and what baby doesn't love a good mess!
  • Talan. I'm sure he loves him because I do catch him laughing hysterically at Tal occasionally, but those two seriously fight ALL THE TIME!  It's not one sided either. Talan invades Syphr's space, Syphr screams at Talan, Talan doesn't move, Syphr grabs him with his razor nails, Talan cries, Syphr cries. Most of the time Talan starts it, but yesterday Talan was sitting nicely on the floor making his animals talk to each other, and along came Syphr with a personal mission of climbing up Talan's back (with his razor nails) grabbing Talan's ear and pulling him to the ground. For the record, I much prefer the five and a half year age gap! 
  • anything having to do with him sitting still. examples: diaper changing, getting dressed, putting shoes on, being strapped into/rinding in a car seat. (that last one should make for a super fun 19 hour car ride in a month. stoked for that!)
  • cake! I just learned this tonight. I'm happy to know now so I can find something equally messy for him to devour in 30 days.
Talents:
  • Walking only holding one hand! He's still pretty wobbly, but he's getting closer! Adding to this I must announce that Ashton has officially won the 'walking brother contest'. He walked at 10.5 months, Talan at 11 and since Sy is not walking today he comes in third. Ashton wins bragging rights. 
  • growing teeth. He now has two pearly white teeth on the bottom. So nice for chewing. Not so nice for biting fingers.
  • Every baby's favorite game: drop something on the ground, adult picks up object and gives it back - repeat 10,000 times. It never gets old for him, and I'm counting all my bending as exercise. 
  • Throwing. Sy loves to play catch. He doesn't so much like the catching as much as the throwing. 
  • Shaking his head 'yes'. Finally!! That said, he still mostly shakes it no. 
  • screaming. Not crying screaming, but someone is chasing me screaming. The boy loves to scream. He screams when he doesn't want to do something. He screams when he's angry. He screams when he's happy. He screams when he has nothing better to do. 






Special thanks to my super awesome niece and nephew for taking care of this 11 month old baby photo shoot!

1 comment:

M said...

Love all the photos! And the golden egg! I am going to have to steal that tradition.

So glad you guys are OK after all of the crazy weather!