Sunday, July 25, 2010

Metro master

Shortly after Talan was born we decided to visit a place that required us to take the red line on the metro. We waited for the train, using the stroller to inch our way through the crowd insuring we got a spot on the next train. The train pulled up, doors opened, people came out, and Brad and Ashton went in along with a mass of other people. I tried to push, but I'm not mean. People might be stepping right in front of the stroller, but I'm not going to ram them....maybe just a gentle nudge. My nudging did nothing and the doors closed. We were separated. Brad mouthed to me to get on the next train and meet them at the next station, which I did, and all was well again.

The very first time we rode the train I had this on my mind. What would Ashton do if the doors closed and he was alone on the train? He can't read lips very well. We talked about all things metro safety. He is now an expert and has graduated onto navigating. He now can direct us home from any metro station in the area....just in time to go home.


No comments: