We had a bit of a roadblock in the blogging world. The memory card reader failed to come along for our summer adventure which has made it impossible to upload any pictures....very sad. You may thank Alamo car rental, 102 degree weather, the Dodge Charger in the parking garage, and Target for bringing BRATS back into the blog world. I started blogging out entire month of June, but could never complete it because as it turns out, 3 kids don't let you get much of anything done, so hopefully with short posts here and there I'll be done blogging about June before July is over also.
We arrived safely in Virginia at the beginning of June after a very long 14 hour trip. The actual flight only takes about 210 minutes, but in attempts to save several hundred dollars I opted to go for tickets with a layover. Not only a layover, but also a night time flight. The kids will sleep, right??
I also had this bright idea that we would all take carry on bags since airlines are charging for checked luggage. What I didn't think about was us having to transport all those bags when we had the layover.
I was also completely wrong when I assumed the kids would sleep. Ashton was happy to play his DS non stop and we didn't hear a peep from him, but Tal didn't so much sleep. He screamed more than anything else. Those poor other people on the flight. Not fun at all! Syphr slept, ate, and caused several people to feel the need to stop and have a conversation with us about Syphr, or the fact we have 3 boys.
Regardless, the boys looked so cute strolling through the airport with their own bags which I'm so grateful they were excited to pull themselves most of the time.
Right now we are all crammed into a one bedroom apartment. Yes, five people in a one bedroom apartment. It hasn't been as bad as I thought, although some days when Brad is on his 14 hour shift I want to pull my hair out, but it could be much worse, and we would rather be here all together than not. Brad just so happens to have a couch and a love seat which is perfect since we have one couch sized boy and one love seat sized boy at bedtime. Talan always falls off his bed, but I think he does that at home too:
No comments:
Post a Comment