Thursday, September 17, 2009

Here's one for the books...

Ashton is attending a newly built school this year because his school had been overpopulated by 2nd graders, and how often do you have a chance to go to a brand new school. The drawback to this is I have to drive him about 3/4 of a mile since we don't actually live in this schools boundaries.

He has recently decided he would like to walk home from school because, you know, he's in 2nd grade and he is pretty much 7 years old, and if that doesn't scream responsibility I don't know what does.

Today, his aunt picked him up from the bus. He was persistant on his desire and absolute need to navigate his own way home. She explained to him that it wasn't necessarially him that I would worry about, it is people that might try to steal him. To this he replied:


"If I could just have a knife I wouldn't have any problems. I would just whip it out and show them and they would not take me."

When cautioned that he could not take a knife to school he insisted he would not technically be taking it to school because he would keep it in his backpack. I guess I better start checking his backpack every day.

2 comments:

shamers said...

i don't know what's wrong with you; ashton's argument is completely logical to me.

Karolyn said...

WOW! WHere did he come up with that idea?! How funny.