Last week on Craigslist I came across a ridiculous posting. Someone was actually giving away a bag of coke bottle tops. It was very clear in the posting that the codes had already been entered, yet she still kept them and I thought it was stupid of her to think anyone would actually call this a treasure. (especially when the listing is an entire month old! Who keeps trash in their house for a month?)That is until my 13 year old nephew got home. He decided he just couldn't live without these diamonds in the rough. An email later, and I am not surprised to find they are still available. Even weirder is that when we picked them up she said she had found a second bag. Who just randomly runs across a grocery sack full of coke bottle caps? Crazy people....that's who!
I would like to publicly say, I was wrong about the level of fun the bottle caps brought. Yesterday we spent a chunk of the day playing shuffle board on the kitchen table, building pyramids, and playing table football. However, today the teenage boys took over, and slowly the bottle caps are meeting their demise. It just so happens there is an extra old grill lying around, and there are 2 boys who like fire. I came outside to find them grilling coke bottle tops on an open flame. Ashton thought it was the greatest thing ever, and I couldn't be more thrilled that Justin taught him such a useful skill. (insert sarcasm).
Here is what we began with. Thank you crazy Craigslist lady for pack-ratting these bottle caps.
1 comment:
Thank you for showing me what I have to look forward to if my son ever finds a listing on Craigslist for a sac of bottle caps. That's awesome. I love Craigslist!
Post a Comment