Friday, June 12, 2009

Ashton loads the dishwasher...

Today Ashton had the chore of loading the dishwasher. I figured he had put his plate and fork in the dishwasher enough to know where everything was meant to go to allow for best washing, so I didn't bother hovering over him. He doesn't like that anyway.... because you know, he's 7 and pretty much that makes him in charge of everything, expert on anything, and capable of doing any task without help.  Even when he told me he needed help getting the soap into the small compartment, I didn't think twice about double checking. It wasn't until 14 hours later when someone else was trying to unload the dishwasher that I was able to see the method of his ways......


Is this the beginning of the classic "if I do a REALLY horrible job she won't make me do it again", seemingly common, men's disease?