1. After going through security at the Kansas City Airport we see Talan's diaper leaked and he has a big pee spot on his pants. I didn't pack any other clothes in the carry on bags because I wasn't expecting him to pee on himself. I guess that is what happens when I try the walmart brand of diapers because they are only $5.74
2. Talan loves yogurt! I thought it would be good to get him a little bottle of yogurt smoothie for the plane. It started out as a good idea. About 10 minutes later up it came. I was fortunate (or unfortunate depending on how you look at it) to get my hand under his chin to catch the majority of the spew. Now Talan has yogurt throw up stained shirt and pee pants.
3. After the episode of him throwing up the yogurt I put his cup in the seat pocket in front of me since I couldn't reach the bag. He was not getting any more of that stuff! All the sudden I hear a popping noise and look over to see yogurt spewing from the straw of the cup about 6 inches up in the air. I immediately put my finger in the straw thinking that would stop it but as soon as my finger moved the yogurt continued to fly out of the straw. Brad suggested taking the lid off, but it was screwed on too tight. After several minutes of me freaking out trying to figure out what to do the lid came unscrewed and stopped the fountain of yogurt. It stayed unscrewed for the remainder of the flight.
4. Turns out I get a little airsick. Never used to be the case. The landing about killed me. I was sure I was going to throw up. Especially with Talan crawling back and forth. We're taking the train to Kansas next time.
5. We get to Atlanta where our layover was. Lunch at Moe's and an very intense search for a Nickelodeon magazine. We got back to our gate and saw our flight was delayed an hour because apparently everyone wants to go to Baltimore. I didn't WANT to go to Baltimore. I was forced to go to Baltimore because no flights were offered into Reagan or they were a million dollars.
6. Our airplane was apparently overbooked. While we were waiting at the gate a guy came over the loudspeaker and said that they were giving away a free round trip ticket to anyone who would give up their seat to go on a later flight. Since there was nothing else to do I watched the many people go up to the gate desk and complain about the delayed flight as if that 1 man could do anything with air traffic control. Anyway, there were these 2 women that went up to the desk and took the deal. They left their boarding passes at the gate desk and started their 5 hour wait for the next flight. When we were on the flight these 2 women got on. I wondered what the heck they were doing. Then they realized they were sitting in the awful seat 29 and threw a fit. They just couldn't sit there. Funny enough we were sitting in seat 29 on the way to Atlanta when Talan threw up and the yogurt took on a mind of its own. Maybe that is a cursed seat. So they go argue with the captain and finally make some random lady move to the back because heaven forbid they don't get to sit together for an hour.
7. The flight was pretty bumpy and I was sure I was going to loose my lunch. As if I wasn't feeling claustrophobic enough, one of the ladies that couldn't sit in seat 29 got up...walked to the back of the plane....walked back up the isle and stood right next to my seat. I seriously nearly punched her. It wasn't that she was just standing my my seat but it was that her large butt was right in my face and I didn't understand why she couldn't stand by her own seat only 2 rows ahead.
8. We get to the airport (FINALLY!) and I think our day of disasters is done with. Of course not. I waited for all the bags from Phoenix to get picked up and then waited for all the bags from Atlanta to get picked up. And they did...except for one of my bags. Of course it would be one of my bags...the entire universe was against me yesterday. And, it really would be less annoying, but we had someone there picking us up and I felt bad about making her wait. So I get into the "lost luggage office" and all I had to say was I'm missing one of my bags. The lady said, "is your last name Coates?" Some moron put my bag on a flight to Savannah. They are sending my bag to the airport and someone from the airport is going to deliver it to my house. At 1:26 am they apparently called me to deliver the bag. No flipping way I'm even answering my phone at 1:26 am. Plus I didn't even hear it. It was delivered to the other 615 which is a totally different complaint.
So....that is my crappy day. I'm happy to be home and hope today is better.
3 comments:
what a wonderful trip home. you're just having a rough time these days, aren't you? don't worry, there's no way today could be worse, or even close to as bad. i'm just glad you made it home safely. :)
Ohh man, that's the worst traveling story I've ever heard. I will never complain about traveling again!
Yeah, I think that day tops all my bad traveling days. I'm sorry it sucked so bad.
Post a Comment