After the tour of the White House the hawks were supposed to arrive at the supreme court for lunch. Julie and I parked in front of the Washington Monument and walked all the way to the other side of the National Mall and around the Capital to the Supreme Court. As luck would have it the jayhawks were getting off their bus just as we were rounding the corner. We immediately take off running down the street with our poor children bouncing up and down in the strollers. There was a small gathering of people but we were the only true fans that came with autographable items and sharpies. The players stood on the steps of the supreme court for a few minutes while pictures were being taken and then they darted up the steps to have lunch with the big wigs. My favorite player (mostly because I can always recognize him as he is the only extremely tall white guy), Sasha Kaun, stayed behind the group to sign things and take pictures.
On the way to the supreme court Julie was telling me how she crumbles in the presence of a celebrity. Well, I found out Tuesday I crumble as well. I made a complete fool of myself. I had no control over the words coming out of my mouth. In my defense, it was a very intimidating experience in general, and Sasha is like 9 feet tall which makes it even more intimidating. Whatever, he doesn't even remember who I am....either that or he will never come back due to the crazy lady that made him sign her baby's shirt.

1 comment:
awesome! you're total nerds. :)
Post a Comment