Talan has been waiting for several months to turn 6, and that day finally arrived. To him, six is less of a little kid and more of a big kid. I think I agree.
He charged in my room at 6am. I pretended to be asleep until my normal wake up time of 645am while Talan spent that 45 minutes laying quietly and calmly next to me and getting up and running full speed into the dining room to look at and make sure his pile of presents was still there. They were....every single time. He had his favorite toaster strudels for breakfast, put on his best birthday outfit and headed down the hill for school.
At lunch Aunt Tanya, and Gramps showed up for a surprise visit with Talan's favorite lunch. A cheeseburger with ketchup only, apple slices and a chocolate milk from Sonic.
One of the 50 things on Talan's birthday wish list, that he got, was a snow cone maker. It was set up and waiting for him when he arrived home from school. The perfect treat after the high percentage of humidity, and a walk home from school up our beast of a hill.
He spent the rest of the day opening presents, bug hunting with his brothers outside, making forts in the basement, eating his choice of hot dogs and chicken nuggets, and watching an episode of Caillou.
TALAN'S BIRTHDAY INTERVIEW:
- How old are you? six
- Where do you live? Ummm. On the top of the hill.
- What is your favorite color? green
- What is your favorite animal? Zebra! Because he has stripes. Ohhh! Knock knock. Whose there? Zebra. Zebra who? Zebra with stripes on. (He doesn't quite get jokes yet)
- What is your favorite thing to do? Play Wii and Playstation all day!
- What is your favorite thing about school? That I get to play games inside sometimes.
- Who is your teacher? Mrs. Beam. She is nice.
- What is your favorite thing to do with your brothers? Play Wii and Playstation! I always like to do that like every day.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? ummm. A guy who studies rocks, or a video game maker, or maybe a policeman. I don't know. I just want to do everything.
- What makes you special? That I'm a nice boy. Ummm. That I love sports. Umm. That on my birthday I get to tell Ashton what to do and STOP PLAYING WITH THAT ASHTON! IT IS MINE!
Even though this kid drives me crazy on a regular basis, I'm so glad he is part of our family. He is funny, smart, thoughtful, sweet, and incredibly lovable.







No comments:
Post a Comment