Sunday, December 2, 2012

Overflowing with awesomeness

I'm not sure if it is possible for Ashton to contain any more academic awesomeness. 

A few weeks ago Ashton was re-routed to the gifted math class. He was insanely bored, and could multiply decimals in his sleep so his teacher kicked him out to give him a new challenge. In a matter of three days he went from doing fifth grade math to sixth grade honors math. All I can say is I am so glad Brad is home to help with math homework, and I do not have enough patience to be a teacher.

Other than Ashton's huge excitement over being introduced to graph paper, and extreme fractions and decimals, he is also thrilled about his new seat in All City Band. All City Band is basically like honors band. It is comprised of kids fifth through eighth grade who audition, and if accepted, meet once a week for a 90 minute practice, and several concerts throughout the year. It is kind of a big deal, and he is so excited he was sitting at the door 2 hours before his first practice started. 


I hope the academic/musical awesomeness always continues!

2 comments:

Julie said...

seriously rad

shamers said...

amazing kid! which is obviously just a result of your parenting skills. so basically you should take all the credit, for sure.