Friday, March 2, 2012

Today's events in a check list

✔  Attend Kindergarten orientation

✔  Be offended when the principles answer to the question "My child has a severe peanut allergy, how would that be handled here?" is to throw her hands in the air and say, "we will handle it well" followed by a chuckle as if she had started her career as a stand up comedian. 

✔Hear the wanna be comedian principle say, "Mrs Studach, can you stay and talk to peanut allergy over here." Once again offended. 

✔Cry and nearly hyperventilate as soon as I sat down with the school nurse over the fear that I might have to homeschool Talan. 

✔Have an hour long conversation with the awesome school nurse about all of my concerns and came up with a great allergy plan that I will run by the doctor so he can check for holes. 

✔Learn that nurses are not just fancy robotic bandaid dispensers.

✔Realize it is a bit sad when Talan doesn't start Kindergarten for 7 months, yet I am on speed dial basis with his future school nurse. 

✔Get pulled over for doing an illegal U-turn...except there were not any signs telling me that u-turn was illegal. I like to think I got out of a ticket due to my very fashionable shirt, but really it was probably because I had stress ball written all over my face. 

✔Celebrate Talan as he chugs his way on to 5. Half way there! To celebrate we had Krispy Kreme donuts, streamers, and party hats. He was not amused when his class sang happy birthday, but he loved when his teacher sang it in spanish. 


✔Come home to collapse on the couch, and hope no small children need anything for the rest of the evening. This was not the case, but they at least let me get a cat nap.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Oh my goodness! Not impressed with that principal, but I'm glad it sounds like the school nurse has it together!!!