We love Chappie. Over the last 5 years he has been part of the family, always getting us where we need to go. He never complained. Yet, there I was. Staring at a gauge that boldly said 10.4 mpg, next to a bill for just over $3000 worth of repairs our lovely Chappie needed. Ultimately, not until a few tears were shed, Brad and I decided it was time to put Chappie down. I assume this is what it is like to put a family pet to sleep. We went out for one last Chappie hug, plus an extra for Brad, and drove him to his new owners.
At this point no auto can ever replace Chappie, but alas we have to have something to drive, so this is our new baby:
She (seems like a girl, right?) is a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid. While I do miss Chappie, I have yet to see 10.4 mpg on the gauge which is quite nice. It is more like 35-40mpg. There are some things to get used to yet. The push button start is the biggest. Just today I accidentally left the car running.....yes, I left the car on....while Syphr had his hour long baby class. But, in my defense, this car seriously makes no noise when idling. When I say no noise, I really mean it is complete silence. Because I'm used to Chappie's hum I guess my brain thought the car was off. Luckily, there was no way to steal it since the doors were locked, and I had the key fob in my purse which would have stopped the engine if someone would have put it in reverse. Overall, it is quite a zippy car, fun, and just what our family needs. Now she just needs a name so she can be part of the family too. With all this said, my apologies if you're coming to visit us and Brad is here you will have to rent your own car.
1 comment:
Awww. Goodbye Chappie. I will miss your always remember your sky lights.
Post a Comment