This is the first big project of Ashton's school career. There were no instructions. Twenty two kids were sent home with the knowledge they gained the past 5 weeks in class about the phases of the moon, and told to create a project.
Mr. Science came up with the idea (with slight help from google), and executed the project with very minimal help. (I got out the paints, and bought the supplies) I offered a suggestion of using star stickers for the stars, but that got an eye roll, sigh and lecture about how stars don't actually look like stars.
Anyway, I am super proud, and impressed at the excellent job he did. It made me think back to when I was in fourth grade and my dad helped me make an incredibly awesome model of the California Gold Rush. He had a creative mind when it came to building anything like that. I think he would be proud to see Ashton has that quality. They would have loved to build stuff together. Instead, Ashton is stuck with his lame mom who suggested star stickers for his masterpiece. Guess the creative mind skips a generation.
No comments:
Post a Comment