For the past couple days I've had the phrase "I love my pre-pre teen. I love my pre-pre teen." on constant repeat in my head. We aren't in full blown pre-teen attitude yet, but he is making a glimpse of what that will be like oh so clear at least once a day.
A couple days ago my pre-pre teen became unglued and incapable of anything that didn't involve laying on the floor, shouting, and self pity. The reason for this outburst was because a song was stuck in his pre-pre teen head, making it absolutely utterly impossible to clean his room. To make matters worse, no one was joining in his pity party, and every suggestion I offered was the stupidest thing he has ever heard in his entire life. I love my pre-pre teen, I love my pre-pre teen. Just when he was sure his life was just so horrible and couldn't possibly get any worse than that moment with a song stuck in his head and a mother spewing stupid words out of her mouth, his head began to hurt.
After repeating my new phrase a few more times, I offered to get him some medicine. There I go again with those completely idiotic words. Why I would think that a tylenol would solve his headache problem is beyond me. Definitely not as brilliant as his plan to open his head and remove his brain. I love my pre-pre teen, I love my pre-pre teen.
Twenty five minutes later my wonderful pre-pre teen gave some food for thought. In his irrational, woe is me saga he decided that the ENTIRE thing was my fault. The song stuck in his head, inability to clean his room, headache, attitude.....ALL my fault.
Why?
Because I really should have thought of how horrible his life was going to be with a song stuck in his head, and not being able to play Playstation for 20 minutes while he did chores, BEFORE I had him.
I love my pre-pre teen, I love my pre-pre teen.
All you can do sometimes is roll your eyes, sigh and enjoy the show. Fifteen minutes later he hung up his pre-pre teen suit and went back to being fun, sweet Ashton.
2 comments:
You are good about letting it go. I am a mean mom. My kids are going to hate me when they are older :-).
i can't wait.... 1. to endure this someday and 2. for ashton to read this someday ;)
Post a Comment