Fourth grade is a total reality check. Maybe it is knowing he will turn double digits in 4th grade which makes him seem so much older, or maybe it is realizing he is over half way done with his elementary school career. Either way, I feel like I'm dropping him off at kindergarten again.
He reluctantly allowed me to take a couple of first day of school pictures.
Since we live less than a mile from school, there is no bus pick up or drop off. All four of us were excited to walk Ashton to school today, only to wake up to the sounds of rain due to what is left of Tropical Depression Lee. Luckily Chappie started right up after the lift gate had apparently not been closed all the way since Sunday.
Even though Ashton claims he is not excited about school starting, I can tell he is. Mostly due to the fact that his teacher is a man. He says that he is still okay with running away from girls this year, but next year might be different.
On a side note:
This new fourth grader has officially graduated from laundry school. He can now wash, dry, fold, and put away his own laundry! I enjoy this milestone mostly because now when he doesn't tell me that he needs clean clothes, it isn't my fault that I didn't do his laundry. I doubt he feels the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment