Friday, August 14, 2009

If you know Talan, you know he is high maintenance...in every way! He once spent the night at Grams house and I had to write half of a page about his sleeping habits.

This all started when he was very small. Probably 4 months old. (The sleeping anyway, he's been high maintenance in other ways since birth) He wanted to be laying on his back, but not on his entire back. We would roll up a blanket and put it under the lower half of his back...so his shoulders were laying flat on the mattress but his lower back was a little sideways. Then 1 binki in the mouth and 1 in each hand. Rub on the head and you have 3 seconds to exit the room without saying a word. You might think I'm kidding, but I'm not. If anything is done incorrectly his nap/bedtime is ruined.

I'd rather do his 10 minute bed time routine, though, than listen to him scream because we have the snowman blanket covering his pillow instead of the plaid one. I think in the last couple weeks we've taken this obsession to a new level...which now includes random objects that he passes on the way to his room. As long as he is sleeping, and not playing, it's not worth the battle.


No comments: