Friday, April 4, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things....

I'd like to let you all in on a little secret of mine because this is what I'm thinking about at the moment and I have nothing else to do but blog.

Just like I always knew I belonged on the east coast I have also always felt like I should have been a flower child in the 70's and have a bit of hippie in me.

My favorite place to shop is goodwill. I love things that people have thrown away. Up until 2 years ago I was the proud owner of a disco ball. When I was in high school I acquired a bright orange shag fur comforter that my mom had in the 70's. It was the most georgeous blanket I had ever seen and I am sad I dont have it anymore. I once wanted to put enough of those furballs with sticky feet and googly eyes to cover my entire dashboard. I actually searched for them, but sadly, my search was unsuccessful. Eversince I was about 13 my dream car has been either a 1971 vw bug convertible or a 1969 vw bus. I grew up in California where most everyone had one of these cars. I once saw someone with a vw bus that had grown about 3 inches of grass on the roof of the bus. That was the coolest thing I've seen even to this day. Now they are either really expensive because they are antiques or they are really cheap but rusted and junky. I'm a little embarrassed to say though that if I had piles of money sitting around, I'd have a hard time deciding which of those to buy first.

There you have it. My life in one paragraph. Yikes.

3 comments:

Julie said...

this says so much about you and I love it. P.s. you can find those pom pom crittres at orientaltrading.com

M said...

Hilarious. I know you love Goodwill, but orange shag blankets? I love Goodwill too but I'm not planning on decorating my dash any time soon. ;)

Outnumbered said...

thanks julie! i've bookmarked it. i think brad would freak if i put them all over chappies dash.