Instead she smiled and said she was a special ed para at the elementary school. She said she spends lots of recesses with the kids, and wanted to make sure I knew how amazing Ashton is because she often sees him spending his recess with kids that he probably doesn't really want to which isn't always something 11 year olds do with a smile on their face. But Ashton does.
I couldn't be more proud of Ashton. Not only for his compassion and the example he sets for our family, but also for the person he is becoming. I often get caught in the whirlwind of life that I forget to take a step back and appreciate just how remarkable he is. I hope he always sings opera in the Target isles, speaks with a British accent, embraces his inner nerd, and continues to challenge himself and work toward his goals. He is going to do so many great things.
No comments:
Post a Comment