Ashton's birthday this year consisted of:
| loving his brother |
| a breakfast of all his favorite things |
| presents straight from his birthday list, which only included one thing: all Nerf stuff |
I seriously can not get this kid to make a normal face for a picture.
Judging from his answers, this might be the last year the pre-teen willingly gives a birthday interview.
how old are you? I'm eleven
what is your favorite:
color? blue
animal? a flying ninja monkey
movie? Ironman 2
book? Magyk. The kind of magyk with a Y
thing to do? not get birthday interviewed
food? shrimp
restaurant? Sakura
subject in school? science
who are your friends? um...the flying ninja monkeys
what do you want to be when you grow up? a scientist
what kind of scientist? a sciency scientist...a mad scientist! (pause, and insert a smirk and daydream look.) I want to be a marine biologist because it is fun and you actually get to do stuff.
what are you most excited about right now? being at the end of my birthday interview
if you become famous, what will you be famous for? discovering a new species of squid.
what is something your parents always say? control yourself
why did the duck cross the road? because he wasn't a chicken
tell me a joke...
knock knock.
who's there?
banana
banana who?
knock knock
who's there?
orange
orange who?
orange you glad I didn't do that whole banana, banana, banana thing?
Sure, he is completely irrational at times, and tries to play pranks like putting a rubber band on the sprayer by the kitchen sink so when I turn on the water I end up with a bath, but we seriously lucked out with this kid. I know his future is going to be phenomenal, and I feel so lucky we get to watch it all unfold.
No comments:
Post a Comment