Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Kindergarten style

Right before school started I found out Talan was not in the class with the teacher I requested I was livid. I felt like I had a really good reason for requesting this certain teacher. I wasn't just requesting her because she and Talan both have blue eyes. I wanted her because I knew she had experience with allergies in the past.

Three months later, I am so glad I didn't pitch a fit with the principal about it. I am so in love with Talan's teacher. She, not only, can handle Talan's allergy, and take it seriously even when the principal doesn't, but you can just tell she loves what she does. If you have been doing the same thing every day for 33 years and still love it and go the extra mile, you know you're in the right profession. 

Mrs. Cox not only planned a fantastic Thanksgiving program, which included running up to the middle school to bring her own teenage son back to play keyboard so the kids could have some music to their songs, but also planned and I'm sure purchased with her own money refreshments for after the program. She even had the class make their own butter to serve. She is seriously amazing, and the only teacher to do this. 
Sometimes I can't believe this guy is in Kindergarten which is already almost half over:







No comments: