- playing in the bath tub until well after the water is all gone and his body is just about dry.
- Trains. The only thing that tops a plain old train is a show about dinosaurs riding in trains. Syphr calls that show "hoo-hoo roar"
- lightening mcqueen
- bugs. Both of my other kids have been timid around bugs. Syphr just wants to stomp on them, poke them or eat them.
- binkas (yuh-yuhs). I'm in the process of taking them away in the day. Usually I give in after 2 hours of him screaming "yuh-yuh mama! get it!"
- his "bebe" which is a small cabbage patch doll wearing a tiger costume. He once lost his baby and walked around the house yelling "BEEEEEBEEEEE!" The next time we were at target I snagged another one and gave it to him and he would not stop hugging and kissing it. The kid sure loves his baby.
- Ashton, or E as Syphr calls him. If Ashton does it, says it, likes it, looks at it, wants it, etc. Sy does also.
- bubbles
- putting clothes in the dryer and pushing the button to start it up
- choosing his own clothes.
- riding in the big part of the cart.
Dislikes:
- Talan. I don't think Talan has graduated off this list yet. As Syphr is getting older he really wants to do everything Talan does, but he also doesn't want Tal to see, hear, speak, or acknowledge him in any way. When Talan does interrupt his bubble, which happens on purpose several times a day, Sy will scream "no!!!" or "Talan...go AWAY!!"
- being told no.
- just about every type of food that is good for you.
- Having help with any task. He is a very independent little guy.
Talents:
- Angry screaming. You know, the kind of scream that comes from within, where you have to stop, take a breath and your fists start shaking slightly while the noise coming out of your mouth lets everyone around know you mean business. Usually Talan is involved when this screaming happens.
- Being left handed. As a right handed person, it is crazy to think people can actually make their left hands work with enough control to write legibly. I am currently 99% sure Syphr is left handed. Even when a writing utensil is put in his right hand he moves it to his left before scribbling.
- Climbing. It is so nice to be able to sit at the playground and not worry about his whereabouts every second.
- Syphr is a master of snuggles.
| He tried so hard to hold up two fingers. On the other hand, he is really good at saying two. |
| Birthday breakfast consisted of cinnamon rolls with chocolate frosting. |
| It seriously took Syphr 15 minutes to open this one present. |
| All day today Sy was bringing me Kraft Mac and Cheese and saying, "cook!" So, that is what we did. |
And just so you know when I say angry scream I am not exaggerating:
I've never had a kid do that. Really, I find it quite funny, but only laugh in my head because heads would roll if he knew I thought he was funny.
We sure do love our Syphr. His personality has grown so much in the last year. He is now a very opinionated, strong, daring, silly, funny, mimicking, doesn't back down kind of guy. I love every second of his floppiness, wobbly running, poofy cheeks, and snuggles. He is the perfect final edition to our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment