Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Field Trip!!!

Today Talan had his very first field trip of his school career to the pumpkin patch. Even better his best friend Benson, who is in the same class, was able to tag along with us. Even better than that was the fact that it rained last night making our trip super muddy. 

The boys must not have fully understood what a field trip was, because every time they saw someone from their class, and most especially when they saw their teacher, Mrs. Rivera, walking around they became practically unglued with excitement. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" "DID YOU KNOW I WAS GOING TO COME HERE TODAY TOO?" Those were a few of the things they shouted at their friends while jumping up and down and squealing as though they were teenage girls at the midnight showing of the new Twilight movie.  








I've decided pumpkin patches in Virginia and Kansas are quite different. There was no corn maze, although I'm sure if you want to spend more time in the car with two 4 year olds and a 17 month old whose most favorite thing is to make the craziest noises they can think of over and over and over, you could probably find one. Pumpkins were neatly contained in large bins instead of having to wander in the fields to find the pumpkin calling your name. The hay ride contained no actual hay making it more of a tractor pull. I don't think these boys cared. They had such a blast. Too bad Ashton had school. No fun!

No comments: