Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Big boys all around

I absolutely love having a good sleeper. Syphr was the last one to sleep through the night, almost to the point I thought he would NEVER sleep all night, but boy is he a good sleeper. 

He still takes a morning nap for a couple hours most days, then an afternoon nap lasting another 3 hours or so, and just like clockwork, the clock hits 7pm and he is letting us know he would like to go to bed. I think it is the sweetest when he comes whining at me, and I ask him if he wants to go night-night and he answers with a very quick, "yeah, yeah, yeah, YEAH." He makes a quick wave to the rest of the family (if he's not too irritated he's not in his bed at this point) and runs to the stairs. 

Once in his room he lays down with his pile of binkas (one in each hand, one in his mouth, and one on his eyes as if he is at the spa), and we don't hear another peep.  Tonight, since he is such a great night time kid, we decided to try and see how he would react to a big boy bed. He didn't make a peep. That is the exact position he was when we closed the door. 



So excited to shove the pack n play in the closet, and so excited for an excuse to visit Ikea again! (for the  second time this week, and it is only Tuesday)






On another note, look at the massive curlpalooza happening on top of Sy's head when lathered with mousse. I'm trying to figure out, as his hair grows longer, how to define his curls. Unfortunately, the top is still defined straight. 

No comments: