Friday, June 24, 2011

The Awakening

The Awakening is hands down one of our top five things we love to see here. I am not an art person. I don't get it most of the time, and feel like my 3 year old could create some of the paintings we have seen in the art museums. However, this piece of art is just to comical not to love. Basically it is a head, arm, hand, leg and foot of a man sticking out of the ground. Since we lived here a few years ago it has moved to a new location, so we had to check it out. 

Ashton wastes no time climbing on his eye. 

Talan is very concerned for a couple reasons. He thinks the man, although grey and lifeless, will eat him, and also there is sand in his crocs. 


I've learned having boys means picking noses is almost one of the most hilarious things. 



Can't really tell in the picture, but this is a leg. 

Next time I will make sure to take a picture of the whole display.

2 comments:

A. Pearce said...

So cool! What a quirky sculpture. I can't help but like it.

Karolyn said...

how cool! That looks so fun!