Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Talan vs. Dander infested dog

I love those moments that you stumble on randomly that make you realize you're doing something right.

Because of this most excellent weather, we spent the evening at the park with what seemed like the rest of Topeka. At one point, an old man was walking by with his dog. A little boy (who I thought until this moment was a girl since he had a super long curly ponytail. Oops) that Tal had been playing with spotted the dog. The man walking the dog saw Tal and his friend staring and nicely asked if they would like to pet the dog.



Clarification:  I assure you this was not a creepy 'come pet my dog so I can lure you away from your parents and end up on the next  To Catch a Predator' situation.


Anyway, the little boy ran over to the dog, but Tal was hesitant. He looked at the old man and then at his friend who was having a great time petting the dogs head and said,

"No. I would not like to do that. I am allergic to dogs and I don't want to be sick."

Granted, his reaction would not be life threatening. Only hives and swelling around his eyes if the dog licked him, but nothing that couldn't be kicked out by Benadryl. Still I'm so proud that he made the choice to say no, even though his friend was having a good time. A task some adults can't even get right.

No comments: