Monday, August 16, 2010

3rd grade

Today marked the fourth milestone in Ashton's educational career....entering 3rd grade!!

He got all decked out in his first day of school gear, threw on his white shades and headed out the door. To my amazement, mostly because I was still in my pajamas, he let me accompany him to the bus stop. He even went along with it when I asked if he'd let me take a picture of him getting on the bus. I'll take what I can get!

The boy then came home at 4:30 with a planner (so excited for the planner checks), homework (guess 3rd grade doesn't think too highly of easing back into the school year after a summer of laziness), and a very excited little brother who had been watching out the front door for 40 minutes singing The Wheels On The Bus.

We both missed him tons today, but we're excited to see what 3rd grade brings us.












This is Talan's very slow, and very sad walk back to the front door after the bus left. He moped for a good 30 minutes before he realized his train tracks had not been played with yet.

No comments: