My zoo pass has arrived, and since I have to go to the zoo 5 times for it to pay for itself, we decided to check it out today. This is Talan's first real trip to the zoo. He's been to the DC zoo in his stroller, and a couple times in my tummy, but this is his first trip where he is interested in the animals.
Upon arriving at the zoo he tried to take his clothes off. Can you blame him? The animals don't have to wear clothes.
Here are Tal's favorite things about the zoo:
Ducks and Geese!
Feeding the goats...
The goat did not catch the piece of food whizzing by his head at 90 mph, but Talan still thought it was amazing and clapped for himself. Note to mom: bring more quarters next time.
We could have stayed all day at the tigers.
I think Talan wanted to ride the hippo...
And quite possibly his most favorite of all. The giraffes!
But, there were also some things in the zoo that were absolutely terrifying to Tal.
Like this line of trees. I had to carry him past them, and he buried his head in my neck.
This was the closest he would get to the Weeping Willow on the right.
Although he is standing next to this wood carved bear, it took about 10 minutes of me reassuring him it was fine.
He would accept no assurance when it came to the tulips. Those things were going to eat him for sure!
I pretty much followed Tal at the zoo. He really wanted to go in the Rainforest, much to my dismay. Its smells horrible in there. Everything is good though because as soon as I opened the door and he saw all the plants he screamed, turned around and ran out.
This was the first terrifying tree. He wouldn't walk under it. We had to go all the way around.
He would not touch this metal gorilla sculpture with a 10 foot pole! He was even freaking out when I went near it.
He was not thrilled about sitting so close to this monkey, but I don't care because they have the same haircut and they needed a picture.
Overall Talan gives the Topeka Zoo 3.5 out of 5 stars. The zoo will get a higher rating as soon as they dig up all the tulips, replace the trees and sculptures with playground equipment, and make the food for the animals free. Better get on that Topeka!
3 comments:
Soo Cute! The Topeka zoo is nice... just the right size for little ones!
I love that he was throwing food at the animals that is awesome! I wish I could go with you guys!
that is hilarious. i love that he's afraid of vegetation.
Post a Comment