Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa is dead

For the past 6 years I've found the Santa story to be a little annoying, and just not very fun. Always having to be discreet when getting presents, keeping up with the story of santa. I've always kept Santa alive because Ashton thought it was fun to leave out snacks and think about santa coming. I've also always thought that I'll let Ashton think whatever he wants, but if he asks a question he gets a straight answer. 

Tonight he came right out and asked, "is it even possible for you to see the real santa?" As the conversation progressed and he began to think logically about santa he realized that flying reindeer were absolutely ridiculous, and even if they could fly, how would they pull a fat man and a sleigh through the air?

So the cat is out of the bag. He asked lots of questions. "Where do the snacks go?", "where do all the letters to santa go?", "does this mean you don't really have santa's email address?" 

Now only 5 years until Tal figures it out. Hopefully sooner.

1 comment:

shamers said...

we've been debating how far to take santa with e. i think we'll do the same thing -- when she starts asking questions, she'll get a straight answer. good job!