Saturday, February 2, 2008

When did I get so old?

I recently upgraded my phone so I decided to mess with Ashton and tell him that he could have my pink motorola if he wanted. I was expecting him to be repulsed that I had even suggested him using a pink phone. To my surprise, however, he was excited about his "new" toy.

I put the battery in it for him so he could turn it on, but realized even without the sim card he could still call 911. We sat down and had a little talk about 911. I told him that he should never call 911 unless it was an emergency. That led to another conversation about what was and what was not an emergency. One of the examples of an emergency I gave was if I was hurt and couldnt get to a phone. Ashton then said without hesitation...

"You should get life alert. Then if you get hurt and cant move you can just push a button and the ambulence comes. The commercial says every senior citizen should have one"

Yeah, thanks Ashton.

6 comments:

Jessi said...

That's sooo funny!!!!!!!

Julie said...

That is awesome! Ashton is hilarious! though i must say its good advice right?

shamers said...

he's very smart, that one....

M said...

Either you are old or Ashton is watching way too much t.v. ;) Hilarious.

Outnumbered said...

he does watch too much tv. tv in the kids room=bad idea!

Danea Burleson said...

ROFLOL. Maybe you should order that walk in tub, you wouldn't want to slip and break a hip, thus needing your life alert.