Sunday, November 4, 2007

the whole family got to church in time today thanks to daylight savings time. talan was awake and looking at all the people and of course the lights. at one point i had talan sitting on my lap facing ashton. talan started cooing at ashton, probably telling him how handsome he looked in his blazer. ashton thought talan was starting to cry and got really close to his face and said something that surprised me.

he said, "dont cry talan. you shouldnt cry at church. church is very important. we learn to be sealed to our family at church and we get bathtized at church. dont you want to be bathtized talan?"

this coming from ashton was very surprising. usually he is the one throwing a fit, army crawling on the floor, taking several bathroom breaks or drinking fountain breaks. anything to not have to sit for an hour. it was really reassuring to know that we must be doing something right.

6 comments:

Jessi said...

That's so cool! Out of the mouth of babes! Bathtized! I love it!

M said...

First, I must say: Ashton - you looked very handsome in that blazer!
I love this story. What a good boy.

shamers said...

how sweet. what an awesome big brother, and a great example! we can't wait to go to ashton's bathtism!

shamers said...

the mook is sitting on my lap here and she just saw the photo in your profile and said, "baby?" and then "AH-TAH!" :)

M said...

Hey,
I tried to go back to my site from here and it went to a post I posted forever ago. I'm thinking you have the URL for the post instead of for my blog. Dang it, Rebecca. Hehehe. ;-)

Outnumbered said...

oh, hmmm. thanks for letting me know.