Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year


Every year I feel like the dad in the Staples commercial who is skipping through the store throwing school supplies in his cart, two unenthusiastic grumbily kids slowly following him. When summer nears its close and the kids do nothing but fight or button push because they have had too much time together, nothing sounds sweeter than sending them back to school. That means I have 8 hours a day to get things done around the house, play games that don't make sense with my smallest guy, and catch a nap at quiet time if I'm lucky. By the time August 1st rolls around I feel ready for this vacation. 

Today is the first day of "vacation". It is eerie quiet, my house is still a mess, and most of all, I miss the two bickering noisemakers!! The back to school "vacation" is way over rated. 


Ashton is starting 7th grade this year. When did that happen?! I don't know, but somehow it did, and now we are treading the waters of junior high. 

This mornings photo session with Ashton seemed extra long. He had to take several crazy pictures before he was going to be able to honor my request of one nice picture. 






Talan is in first grade this year. He is so happy to finally have made it. I'm sure it seemed like he was in Kindergarden forever since he went twice. His teacher is amazing, his school is amazing, and their proactive attitude toward making sure he is safe is refreshing. Because of his big brother roll model, he also had several crazy poses before he was able to do one nice smile. 


And a shout out to our family caboose who has spent the day missing his brothers:

No comments: