Thursday, August 23, 2012

Five years old

Talan has been looking forward to turning five for at least six months now. According to Talan, being five means you are a big kid like Ashton, not a baby like Syphr. He has already tried to negotiate his bed time with me, and I'm sure more negotiations will happen. 

This year Talan woke up way too early beaming with excitement that the day he had been waiting for, for so long was finally here! We dined on cinnamon rolls with chocolate frosting for breakfast, he put on his most fancy birthday outfit, and tore into some presents. Even with all the excitement he still made time to remind Syphr it was not his birthday. 






We had a fun day of Kindergarten readiness tutoring with Mrs. Rivera in the morning, a trip to Toys R Us, a requested Wendy's lunch, and tons of new toy playtime. A perfect day in the eyes of a five year old guy, and made even better by ending it with a donut stack.

Five year old birthday interview:

what is your favorite color?
green

what is your favorite thing to eat?
uh...pop tarts. wait, a pop tart with a booger on it.

that's disgusting.
yeah, but it is good to me. I feel like I need one right now.

what is your whole name?
Talan Pre Coates

is pre your middle name?
no....wait yeah

isn't Pre Syphr's middle name?
yeah....I just forgot. what was my whole name again?

if you could be any animal what animal would you be?
uh...I would be a turtle or a zebra

why a turtle?
because I like turtles. but I would be a big turtle because the small ones don't know how to play wii.

why a zebra?
because I could poop all day

what is your favorite thing to play?
my favorite thing is to play the animals talking game

what do you want to be when you grow up?
um...a...um...a robot

what will your robot name be?
robot. and I would play wii all day and when it is time for bed I will brush my teeth, put on my jamas, and stay up all night and play wii in my room.

won't you get tired?
no because I can charge myself when I am playing wii. then I will not sleep.

how old are you?
five

when is your birthday?
when I got lots of presents. that's when my birthday is

what is your favorite movie?
Mickey Mouse (said in an opera tone)

where is your favorite place to visit?
Dax's house

who is your best friend?
Benson...but I have two. Dax and Edin. I have 3 friends

what is your favorite thing to do with daddy?
ummm. play wii. I want to play mario brothers with 3 people or 4

what is your favorite thing to do with mommy?
ummm. hug sweetie mama and kiss her all day
 (whispers: isn't that sweet of me?)

what is your favorite thing to do with ashton?
ummm. fly paper airplanes with him

what is your favorite thing to do with syphr?
annoy him because he is so cute I can not contain myself.

what is something cool you get to do when you're 5?
make paper airplanes.

couldn't you do that when you were 4?
no. I couldn't. things were a lot harder when I was four. weren't the things harder for me?

what chore do you love most?
cleaning the mirrors

what would you like to say to the world at five years old?
I love you.

what is your favorite toy?
a turtle. I like all my stuffed animals. and I like all my toys even my toy turtle. right, I have one of those.

what makes you happy?
getting a hug from sweetie mama

what makes you sad?
someone taking away a thing that I'm playing with

what is your favorite animal?
a turtle.



This year we've seen Talan grow so much. He has learned so much in the last few months, and it makes me excited to see how much different he is going to be at six with a year of Kindergarden behind him. He is hilarious, opinionated, completely sweet, and has such a fun and unique way of looking at everything. We love our Talan, and are seriously the luckiest that he joined our family five years ago as a squawking 7 pound tiny guy.


1 comment:

Rachel B said...

HAHAHHHHHAH! Not the animal talking game! Noooooooo!!!! What a cutie.